We support smart city solutions with 100 000 €
Application has closed for 2023!
Participate in the Tallinnovation Smart Tallinn innovation competition
The city of Tallinn in cooperation with science and business park Tehnopol is opening the “Tallinnovation” competition this spring to find and implement smart city solutions.
The competition fund is 100,000€!
The amount of support per company is 30,000 euros!
The goal of Tallinnovation competition is
- increase the development and implementation of innovative technologies with small footprint;
- to support cooperation between the City of Tallinn and technology companies by enabling the use of innovative software or hardware products in the City of Tallinn;
- to support the City of Tallinn’s ambition to make the city environment more modern, sustainable and citizen-friendly;
- to introduce innovative smart city solutions, products, and services to the City of Tallinn;
- to support companies’ growth ambitions, product development and entry into foreign markets.
Companies that do not need financial support but want to cooperate with the city of Tallinn, have the opportunity to submit an application on an ongoing basis through the website of the Test in Tallinn program https://www.tallinn.ee/en/tallinnovation/testintallinn.
Companies have the opportunity to get non-financial assistance such as suitable contacts, open data and support for launching pilot projects in the city of Tallinn.
If you have an exciting idea for creating smart city solutions or improving on existing ones, then this competition is for you. Submit your idea to the Tallinnovation Smart Tallinn competition.
By submitting an idea, you can
- implement your products/services in Tallinn (or in the capital region in the case of a cross-border service or product);
- get real time feedback to your product or service;
- get valuable contacts, advice and resources (including access to infrastructure and other necessary resources for completing your project);
- get financial resources from the city of Tallinn to carry out the pilot project;
- get references and recommendations from the city of Tallinn for supporting sales and export;
- use the support of the Tehnopol mentor network to carry out the project.
You can apply if your company
- is registered in Tallinn;
- has been operational for at least 6 months;
- has at least one full-time employee;
- has a turnover of at least 10,000 euros in the last 6 months (from the time of application);
- the implementation of the product/service in the city of Tallinn supports the goals stated in the city development plan of Tallinn (environmentally friendly, sustainable, innovative),
Information about Tallinn as the European Green Capital can be found here.
- has no debts to the state or the city of Tallinn;
- is not in the stages of liquidation, restructuring or bankruptcy proceedings.
To submit an application, the solution must be
Various smart city solutions are welcome to apply but ideas that value resources, increase sustainability and offer solutions for mobility are especially welcome to support Tallinn as the Green Capital of Europe.
- developed by the company itself (have completed the prototyping phase);
- the product/service is innovative;
- has not been implemented in the city of Tallinn before or if has been implemented, the new solution is more economical, more environmentally friendly, more innovative, communal or otherwise creates better opportunities;
- meets the conditions of the competition, which you can find in full here.
- corresponds to the goals of the Tallinn development strategy “Tallinn 2035”;
- at the end of the project, the applicant will move the installed product, unless otherwise agreed.