COMPETITION NOW OPEN!
Participate in the Tallinnovation competition
This spring, the City of Tallinn together with the Tehnopol Business and Science Park will announce the innovation competition to find and implement smart city solutions in Tallinn.
The goals of the Tallinnovation competition are:
- to support cooperation between the City of Tallinn and technology companies by enabling the use of innovative software or hardware products in the City of Tallinn;
- to support the City of Tallinn’s ambition to make the city environment more modern, sustainable, citizen-friendly, and open;
- to introduce innovative smart city solutions, products, and services to the City of Tallinn;
- to raise the awareness of Tallinn City employees and officials about new possible innovative developments in the urban environment.
If you have an exciting idea for creating smart city solutions or improving on existing ones, then this competition is for you. Submit your idea to the competition!
Applications submitting deadline 24 August 2020
Applications that don't seek financial assistance are also welcome
You can apply for up to 15,000 euro
You have to self-finance 50% of the projected budget
The total project budget can be over 30 000 euro
By submitting an idea, you can
- implement your products/services in Tallinn;
- carry out pilot projects in the real living environment of Tallinn;
- get real-time feedback on your product/service;
- get contacts, advice, and resources from the City of Tallinn (incl. access to infrastructure or other resources needed to carry out your project in the urban environment);
- receive financial resources (support) from the City of Tallinn;
- receive references and recommendations from the City of Tallinn to support your sales and export activities
- use the support of the Tehnopol mentor network to carry out the project.
If you're interested
You can apply if your company
- is registered in Tallinn;
- has been operational for at least 6 months (as of 01.10.2019);
- has at least one full-time employee;
- has had a turnover of at least 10 000 euros in the past 6 months (as of 01.10.2019);
- has developed and provides products/services in the smart city area;
- the implementation of the product/service in the city of Tallinn supports the goals stated in the city development plan of Tallinn (environmentally friendly, sustainable, innovative).
To submit an application, the solution must be
Especially are welcome the solutions in the areas of developing tourism and e-services, support of the circular economy, developing local communities and creating the cooperation in between Tallinn and Helsinki twin-city project.
- developed by the company itself;
- already existing solution or you can come up with an entirely new solution that is more sustainable, environmentally friendly, innovative or otherwise better and more attractive;
- has passed prototype phase and the product or service must work in real time;